Monday, April 25, 2011

Tired of being limited

So last Thursday I went on a ride with the idea of seeing where I really could go with my horse.  I knew the drier trails, but wanted to try some of our other favorites.  I also knew that this ride would take us on some challenges-going thru muddy places.  This is also my first attempt at posting pictures with my blog.  I've been inspired my a friend.  I went towards Inspiration Point.  I didn't take the turn off to the left thru the boggy place to get to the top---so that was as far as close as I got towards Inspiration Point.

 I remember in the past we used to ride thru the boggy place and we made it so I might try it later.  After that I took the trail to the right up the hill and to the right again (away from Look Out Rock).  I knew at the bottom of this trail was a really muddy place that I was hoping that we could pick our way thru.  Otherwise I would just have to turn around and go back the way I came.
So here we are at the mud---ew!
And here we are looking at what we just came thru.

 Looking back at the cow pasture on our way home. 

I hope to have more fun trying all the trails.  I know of a few that I want to wait on--way too muddy and boggy.  But it's nice to get out and try these, and Zoe doesn't seem to be bothered with mud-as long as it's not too boggy.   The only problem I found was that my GPS stopped tracking me 1/2 way thru my ride.  Maybe I hit the wrong button as I was taking pictures.  So I have no GPS for this ride.    

No comments:

Post a Comment