Thursday, April 7, 2011

No rest for the Hamburger Butt

So on Wednesday I decided to go for a ride anyway....put some antibiotic ointment on the butt to help with the possible chaffing and off we went.  She didn't seem to be bothered by the ride, no tail swishing or kicking at the area.  Still ALOT of water on the trails and many areas impassable due to the 4-wheelers stirring up the mud....but I could still get around.  A friend tried to go to the enchanted forest and found it was too muddy and the trail going up the hill was very eroded.   I want to try going to the KBB hills next week,  hopefully things will dry up some more because almost every way I can think of getting there will have some mucky spots to navigate....and hopefully will be passable.  Our ride ended with Zoe calling many times on the way home.  At first I thought it was just because she hadn't been out by herself for a week-and that may have been part of it-but I found out some more information when I got back to the barn.  My trainer had a horse tied up at the wash rack and it did not like that and was calling out...alot.  So Zoe was hearing him call and felt the need to answer back.  I could hear him better as we got closer to the barn.  It was a good opportunity to practice walking backwards when calling happened.  It felt like we were taking 2 steps forwards and 1 step backwards all the way down the road.  Maybe next time will be better-we can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment