Thursday, April 14, 2011

I love hills

Wednesdays ride was a work out for Zoe.  We saw 2 other riders on their way home and Zoe thought she was going home too.....oh well.  We turned away from home, and away from home again and ended up at the KBB hills.  Zoe was not happy with this plan and showed her displeasure by grabbing bites to eat-poison oak! and breaking into a lope up hills when only asked for a trot, and not walking down hills-but trotting down them.  And since there are many hills out that way we had plenty of opportunities to practice going the speed I wanted-up and down many hills....over and over again.  Usually it only took 1 try of turning around to do it again-then she was good....until she forgot and went the wrong speed either up or down a hill.  That's okay we just turned around and did it again.  When we got closer to home she listened to me better.  I don't know if that's because we were closer to home or because she finally got the message that I get to decide on speed issues.  I wanted to take her out there on Thursday and try it again, but had to get my car fixed.  Oh well, something to work on next week.  On our way home on Lomida she only called out 1 time.  Much better than last time when she was trying to answer the upset horse in the wash rack at the barn.  Forgot to set GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment