Monday, April 4, 2011

Hamburger Butt

Zoe's new name-Hamburger Butt.  It seems that scratching is very important....so important that it doesn't seem to matter at the time that you might be hurting yourself.  But in retrospect it might not be a good idea. I think Zoe is learning that one big time.  She did it in the area that gets all sweaty when she gets ridden for a while.  No need for stitches, but lots of skin missing in long open scratches to the skin.  Some of the skin I had to cut off as it was dangling.  She was unhappy when I first put the water on it, but calmed down and let me rub some chlorohex scrub on it and rinse it.  Afterwards put some spray on it that is an antibiotic/soothing/no rinse off spray.  I can put it on as often as 3 times a day.  So I guess no riding for the week as I suppose it will be uncomfortable - especially when she works up a sweat.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment