Tuesday, July 3, 2012

YTD miles

I finally have an idea of my yearly milage.  I've been consistently using the same GPS for a year starting in July 2011.  The miles are 591.82.  Sometimes my GPS quit unexpectedly, sometimes my cell  phone battery ran out of "juice"... so I guess I could say 600 miles in a year is a good round figure.  This only counts my trail miles.
I do ride in the arena 2 mornings a week, those miles aren't figured into this total number.  It's easy to do 2+ miles in the arena each time I ride (I ran the GPS in the arena once).  So if I add up those miles I probably get close to 200 miles in a year just in the arena.  So all together my milage is probably close to 800 miles.
My GPS tracking does a funny thing...it says I've been riding for 8 days, 9 hours and 58 minutes to accomplish my trail miles.  Also I've traveled .025 times around the world and have made .003 trips to the moon-just trail miles.  Apparently I've burned up 48 hamburgers doing just trail.  Seems to me that it would take more than 48 burgers to do this.  Anyway it's all good and fun to know.  Wonder what next year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment