Monday, July 23, 2012

Rattlesnake and good horses

Sunday Jim and I went for a short ride, trying to beat the heat.  On our way back we took the trail towards FLEC.  It was on this trail we heard the rattlesnake.  Actually Skippy heard it first-she was in front, she stopped on a dime and scooted backwards.  I love it when a horse does that-she knew it was dangerous.  I've ridden her before and have experienced that.  Zoe does that too.  Once I was out with C and Dune and we ran into a rattlesnake on the way to Rattlesnake.  Zoe stopped and backed up without me telling her to.  Anyway this time we backed some, I got off and found a good throwing stick, Jim threw it and the rattlesnake slithered off.  We waited until it was gone and Jim rode past and I walked past.  I'm always thankful for my half-chaps.  They are ugly but are really thick, hang over my boots and good protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment