Thursday, July 26, 2012

Good rides this week

Good rides this week.
Wednesday I went on one of my favorite single track trails that goes up and down and around hills.  It also has many trails that branch off of it.  This day I decided to take each of the branching off trails to the right.  Yup, it was a loopy ride.  The first loop Zoe thought she was going home...but it didn't work out that way.  I think she just resigned herself to the task at hand and figured she'd get home sometime.  So she was great the rest of the ride.  If I skipped a turn to the right I'd take the next one and try to figure out how to get on the trail I skipped and ride it back to the "main" trail.  It was fun.  One of the loops were hard to find because it is not a trail that is used very often therefore it wasn't very noticeable.  We went 6.23 miles of loops.  Towards the end I just went to Dottie's Hill and headed towards home.
           Last weeks ride to the top of Dottie's Hill.  Notice there is no "island" showing
          This weeks ride to the top of Dottie's Hill.  Notice that the "island" is starting to show.
This is Zoe.  Mom finally figured out how to get home.  Somedays it takes her longer than other days.  


Thursday Zoe and Sky met a friend, Barkley, and rode to Granite Bay.  It was a fun ride.  Barkley split off on the way back to ride to his house while Sky and Zoe rode home.
           "Another picture, okay I'll stand still and look good." 


           "Another picture, okay this is my good side."

          "Another picture, okay I'll give mom a hug."


          "What's up?  Another picture?" 


It was nice to go on these rides.  This weekend I get to watch Zeke while his parents go backpacking.  So no riding.  Okay I will be taking him out to see the horses one of the days and maybe ride in the arena for a few minutes.  One of the days we will be going to the Folsom Zoo and ride the train.  It will be fun.  Blog next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment