Saturday, June 30, 2012

To Avery Pond and beyond...

Thursday we (Zoe, Sky and riders) went to Avery Pond.  I haven't been there in a few years.  I've heard about the "new" trail, the "new" bridges...and they were great, nice improvement.  Zoe did great getting there.  After Rattlesnake we put Sky in the lead since Zoe hadn't been to Avery Pond yet.  We stopped at the bridge with the water trough.  Zoe did drink...it took her a few minutes, but she did take in a good amount of water.  It was about 90 degrees that day, warm but not too hot.  It's nice to know that she will drink from a "strange" place.  After the drink I put Zoe in the lead to the picnic tables we used to stop at.  Everything was just as I remembered it.  Moving forward Zoe had some trepidation, but we worked thru it and she was fine.  We had a good rest at the picnic tables.
           I got treats at this place...not too bad

           I got treats too 

          Part of Avery Pond

Then we walked to a place I remembered further up the trail-White Water.  But there was no rushing water anywhere.  We walked past the turbines of the Newcastle powerhouse, there was no noise.  I'll have to ask someone about the changes at that place.  We went up the trail until we could get a picture of the river flowing into Folsom Lake.

 The horses did great on the way back too.  The time going back always seems faster than the time getting to the destination...true this time too.    Going to have to do this ride more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment