Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just riding

All the wedding and reception activities are done.  Today was just a day to ride.  Phew!  Zoe and I didn't go anywhere special.  We did a 5.31 mile loop.  It sure felt good to go out and just think about riding.  I find that I sometimes think about things other than riding when I'm riding...not good.  My mind needs to be on what I'm doing at the moment with my horse.  Today was so nice to just ride.  We worked on extending the trot, not eating, remembering to remain soft to the bit.

And when we got back, I gave her a bath.  I remember a time when bath time was an ordeal.  Back then I had to have a "magic stick" with me so that when she decided to move into me she "ran" into the stick.  No "magic stick" is needed anymore.  She loves to wiggle her muzzle over the end of the hose, getting water in her mouth.  I'm sure that when I put her back she eventually rolled and got herself all dusty again.  But for a few moments she was shiny and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment