Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trying to be flexible

Ever have one of those days that doesn't go quite like you planned?  Well that happened to me today.  Mom came to get me, brushed me, saddled me, set her thing called a GPS (what's a GPS?...I'll have to ask her someday) and out the gate we went.  Sometimes I know exactly where we are going on our excursions.  Today we went up the hard road, cut to the left on the gravel road.  Every time we do this she says something about seeing Dune, Major or Cisco.  Today we did see Dune.  She gets off and walks the hard road again and today she walked me thru the blackberry vines.   The vines were very long and sticking out into the trail.  She moved them just for me-wasn't that nice (I guess she moved them for her too).  She got back on and we headed for the dirt trail that goes to the right-towards home.   She did take that trail.  I sometimes get kind of nervous going around the corners next to the water.  Mom says I'll be fine...but you never know-something might be lurking just around the corner.  We were fine this time.  Mom said we were going on the Lake Forest Trail-again towards home...good choice.  She says something about barking dogs but I've never seen barking dogs on this trail.  We get to the forest and EVERYONE knows you are supposed to go right towards home.  But do we go right????  NO.  This was not in my plan...but I humored her.  I tried alot of questioning postures and movements like slowing down (maybe she forgot to go right), moving my right ear to the right, like I'm paying attention to something to the RIGHT.  But she didn't get it.  So off we went.  Oh well.  Up the hill we went.  She said something about seeing downtown Sacramento.  I'll have to ask her what a downtown is.  As we were going down the other side of the hill (by the way she keeps saying where there's an up there's a down...duh) we saw a deer hopping away from us.  I wonder what is so scary about us.  I like to stand and watch them but they are usually running away from us.  Don't tell Mom, but I think they run because of Mom...she does smell different.  When we  get to the bottom we take a small trail to the left and go back in the same direction, only this time we are on the back side of the ridge.  AND we end up in the SAME PLACE where I told her to turn right-only now it's a left.  Anyway she finally gets the message and goes towards home.   Phew.  We take the small trail that ends up where the trailers park.  There was only 1 trailer there today.  Then we went home.  A wash off with water, grass to munch on with my pasture mate.  I guess the day turned out okay.     

No comments:

Post a Comment