Thursday, February 2, 2012

Drizzle ride

This Wednesday it was drizzling so we went on a ride.  By the time I actually got on the trail it had stopped drizzling.  Probably because I put on my oil skin coat.  It was a short ride because I had extra work to do at the barn.  The trail was nice.  The rain had settled on the trees and made droplets on all the branches.  It looked so pretty, I should have taken a picture.  Zoe was good until we started back home.  Then lots of things were spooky.  "Really" I said.  She was 1/2 way listening and trying to be good, but I could tell she was uncomfortable for some reason.  It was just enough to get under my skin.  So when we got back to the barn where she thought work was over, we worked some more.  Free lunging in the arena got her attention.  She was very contrite afterwards, followed me everywhere, was listening great, I had all of her attention and got her to breathing hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment