Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spoiled

We have been very spoiled here in California lately.  Nice winter weather, warm with no rain.  However that has changed.  It is now raining.  We need the rain...so I should be glad it is wet and nasty.  However it changes many things.  One is the grooming challenges that come with the rain.   Once they roll in the mud......

I didn't get a picture of Skippy.  The dirt just didn't show up too well on a palamino horse.  However I can see it pretty good on these 2.  

I need to get used to riding in the rain again.   Last Thursday I rode wearing my oilskin coat.  Zoe was fine with the flapping of the coat.  It didn't rain on us...probably because I was prepared for it.  

I'm used to riding with a heavy coat...since sometimes I ride at 5:30 in the morning-it has been cold out at that time.  I like my heavy carhartt jacket, it has a double zipper-so I can unzip it some at the bottom and it makes for a nice riding jacket.  

We will see how the trails are.  Zoe did pretty good last year on the wet trails-and boy did we ever have a wet winter last year.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment