Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Loopy Ride

When I rode Zoe last Sunday, I could tell that she would have liked to just run.  So today before I saddled her up, I put her in the arena to lunge her.  Well, today she was self lunging...at a lope, fast lope, very fast lope with lots of bucks and kicks and head tossing.  She was feeling good.  I didn't have to do anything to get her to go.  I just stood there in the middle, turning to watch her as she zoomed around the arena.  I was thinking "and I ride that thing".  Eventually she calmed down and would listen to my directions.  We even ended up with her following me walking, trotting, backing, sidepassing.
After running around Zoe's cowlicks were starting to show.  This is only part of them.

So we saddled up.  I also decided that we have been doing alot of "point A to point B" rides lately so it was time for another loopy ride.  This is where we go out, seem like we are going home then turn away from home.  Sometimes this results in going in loops (circles).  Today we did 5.44 miles and 7 loops and a few turns away from home.  Sometimes Zoe would turn an ear towards the path that lead to home...that was about it for a reaction.  I was glad.
It was a good day.  Zoe got alot of energy out and she did good on a loopy ride.  We even saw a young buck and 3 turkey hens.  She didn't spook, she was just curious.
When we got back she got a complete rinse off.  Wow what a winter so far.  No rain and it's warm enough to wash off your horse in January.
            I'm tired, running around in the arena, loopy trail ride, bath...I'm tired
                        I just want to sleep
Wait, if you're going to take a picture-this is my best side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment