Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finally a ride-on the weekend

There were no mid-week rides last week.
Wednesday was rainy so I cleaned at the barn and I got to go to lunch with some horse friends.  It was a nice day.
Thursday I had a doctors appointment-no time to ride.
So Saturday we took Zoe, Skippy and Sky out.  We did something different.  Skippy's rider had never been on the "Mario ride".  It goes down Prospector, HSB, Pioneer Express Trail, jump down to canal trail, and I got to learn about a new way up towards Sterling Point/Lake Forest trails.  All in all it was only a 5.25 mile ride, but it was nice.  Skippy's rider liked the different ride.  I put Zoe in the lead on Prospector, I wanted to see how she would do with the green gate.  She didn't worry about it at all.  Sky lead on the Pioneer trail and canal trail.  We did see alot of walkers out today-4 different groups of them.  It was such a nice day to go riding.  There were some foot races and mountain bike races going on at Granite Bay so I thought we would see more horses, but we only met 1 lone rider.  Looking forward to some mid-week rides this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment