Monday, March 12, 2012

Mid week rides and practice update

Mid week rides last week were nice.  Wednesday went by myself on the "Mario ride".  There are plenty of us that have things on the trail named after us-it could be a section of the trail, a rock, a tree-but not many of us have a whole ride named after us.  Anyway, Mario really likes this particular ride and often goes on it...hence the name.   Thursday went with a friend and wandered around.  We did some trail exploring.  One of the "explores" turned out to be nothing.  The other one was good-it lead from one trail to another trail.  Zoe does good with exploring in the forest.  I'm not so sure she would do so good in an unfamiliar place, I think she would probably be more wary.
No weekend rides last weekend.
Practicing for the upcoming competition.  The ball seems to be no problem.  I can ride Zoe up to it, push it around, she doesn't care.  The last time we practiced the wind was up so the ball "wandered" around the arena a bit.  She still didn't care.  Neither did Sky.   My ball has a slow leak-maybe.  Today I took it home and used the compressor to blow it back up, put water on it to try and find the hole(s), but no holes.  Maybe I just didn't have the fill up hole shut up completely.  So now it's home I will watch it again and see what happens.
Today we went back to shooting the pellet gun.  It has been a few weeks since we have done this but both horses were fine with it.  So today we practiced walking and shooting at the same time.  I wasn't sure if "moving" feet would give way to "bolting or running" feet.  But both horses did fine.  Next time we will practice with a sound happening after the shooting sound, maybe a ballon will pop after the shot.  I think they will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment