Thursday, March 29, 2012

My turn, my turn, my turn...

On Monday I stopped at the barn after work to work at the barn.  I showed up just as the person leasing Skippy took her out of her pasture.  He hadn't ridden for 3 weeks due to weather and a back injury.  Zoe had been out but not Skippy.  Now when I stepped on the property, Zoe went nuts.  She was neighing, bucking, running around and carrying on.  She usually neighs when Skippy leaves but doesn't carry on so. I don't know if it was because Skippy finally got out without her or because Skippy got out AND I showed up...maybe she was thinking "don't forget about me, it's my turn too".   So I decided that Zoe could get out...to the round pen.  I didn't have to ask her to move out, she just continued to trot around and around.  I did ask her to change directions.  Skippy and Sky left the property for a trail ride while we were in the round pen.  I just let Zoe get some energy out.  Then we worked on different gaits, roll backs, stopping.  Then I asked her to follow me, which she did.  Then we went out to the arena fence and tied up there while I raked the barn yard.  After I was done with the yard she got her bucket and a brushing.  Then back to her pasture.  In her pasture she just neighed a few times, but was otherwise calm...like normal.  Yup, she got to get out but I'm sure it wasn't what she expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment