Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Right "Stuff"

I've had Zoe for 9 1/2 years.  In that time I've tried many different things-talking about tack or equipment for myself.  One thing I've noticed is - for me - it can take a while to find the right stuff.  Rarely do I stumble upon something that works - and works GREAT - the first time.  Recently I got tired of my cell phone holder.  It was falling apart.  It wasn't really a cell phone holder but a camera case that my phone fit into and I made a velcro strap to go around my leg.  I've tried alot of different ones and have some requirements I feel necessary for this holder.  Anyway this one was falling apart and I needed a new one.   I finally found one at a running store...Fleet Feet.  It met my requirements and I'm happy - and $32 is gone. Oh well, the price of something that works the way I want it to.  This got me to thinking about most of the tack and equipment I use.  The "stuff" that I like and works GREAT usually costs some $ - no getting around it.  This includes my saddle, saddle pad, riding pants, riding shoes, saddle pack, trailer, truck, helmet etc.  I still have some things that I want-don't we all.  I will be looking to change some things for the better "stuff" and I guess I'll have to save my $.  In the meantime.....I'll be using my regular "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment