Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ride, new mask, picture

Today's ride was with some friends...same ride Prospector, HSB, Pioneer, Lake Forest.  Zoe did better this time.  I think the friends helped, but more importantly I think no loud boats on the Lake helped alot.  Looking forward to doing this ride again next week by myself again.  I'm sure it will be better.
We did see some deer...picture

Yesterday  I gave Zoe a bath and noticed some small white spots inside her left ear.  Trainer said it was a fungus and it was best to leave them alone.  I looked up ear fungus in horses on line and hit on Aural Plaques...it seemed to fit my situation.  I asked our surgeon at work this morning and he said it was Aural Plaques.  Caused by the same virus that causes warts.  They might stay small or grow larger.  It may or may not bother the horse at any possible stage of the growth.  He did recommend a fly mask with ears as flys bother the horses in this situation.  Apparently it's not contagious...but the vet recommended not touching them and touching another horses ears....that sounded weird.  There is a treatment he can do with Aldara Cream that seems to work.  I guess I will wait and see what transpires.  Anyway more pictures....

Now hopefully we will be able to keep a flymask with ears on the horse....and hopefully she won't tear it up....

No comments:

Post a Comment