Sunday, September 4, 2011

Riding life with baby

In May I posted that my grandson, Zeke, was here and I wasn't sure about how that  would affect the time I spend with Zoe.  Well here it is Sept.  Both of Zeke's parents are back to work now.  I'm done helping out on Wednesdays and Thursdays - well mostly.  Life is settling down.  I do babysit on Fridays and I love every minute of it.  I have also cut down my work life at the vet clinic.  I've moved to a part time schedule-20-30 hours per week soon to be just 20 hours per week.   So now I know how the pieces fall for this season of my life.  I ride Monday and Tuesday early-5:30-6:30am in the arena.  Wednesday and Thursday are trail days-usually riding by 10am.  At least one of those days are by myself (and I might take 2 rides out with 2 different horses on that day) and one day with friends.  Fridays are a no riding day-babysitting.  Weekends are still tricky until my 20 hours per week start.  I usually ride out on the trails on Sunday mornings.  And sometimes I ride on Saturdays-if I work a Saturday I ride in the arena 5:30-6:30am, but if I'm not working - it depends on what's going on that weekend, but I usually try to catch a ride either in the arena or on the trail.  All in all I guess that makes about 10-11 hours per week.   Oh and I started back into lessons too-on Tuesdays, but I can only do them every 2-3 weeks.  So for now, this is how my riding life looks.
I also posted in May that I was trying to work on keeping my hands in better shape.  I've somewhat succeeded.  They are not as dirty as they once were,  I've managed to keep them cleaner.  My gloves disappeared, I need to get some new ones.  My hands are also not as rough as they once were...but they are not smooth either.  They still look like "working outside" hands.  But I'm happy that I was able to make some improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment