Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mylar balloons

Today's ride was pretty mellow compared to last week's ride.  Last week Zoe was in a hurry to get home and it was bothersome to constantly be asking her to slow down-last week we started out moving fast.  This week she was in no hurry to get home.  I tried not to be in a hurry to get out on the trail and although we did trot at the beginning, I didn't ask her to trot her fastest.  So I guess we started out pretty relaxed and it transfered to the whole ride.  We even met up with 2 other riders and followed them for a little while then turned on a different trail.  Zoe was fine with that too.  I ran the GPS on this ride and our fastest was in the middle of anything that we have ever done.  I think I will like to work on going faster and being calmer on the way home.  I would like to figure out if last week was a fluke or if I need to be working on something. 

Anyway on the way home I found a mylar balloon.  It had been sitting on the trail by the green gate for some time now so I decided it needed to come home with me.  I had fun with Zoe and my other 2 horses and the balloon.  No one horse decided that they couldn't stand it.  So that was good.  The only reaction I got from any of them was from Zoe.  She decided that she didn't like it up by her ears--she didn't panic only raised her head and looked at me like "WHY?" and "REALLY?"  I could put the balloon everywhere else though....I even tied a baling twine to it  and pulled it between their front legs and back legs, under their tails, over their backs.   The balloon was slightly flat so I could roll it between my hands and it made a wonderful crinkly noise....that didn't seem to bother them.  I should try it while I'm riding Zoe....I guess details will follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment