Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good to get out again

Today it was sure nice to get out on the trail again.  After staying in due to the EHV-1, it  was really nice to get out.  We ran Skippy and Zoe in the arena first and boy did they have fun kicking up their heels.  The last ride out I took on Zoe was to Rattlesnake.  She did pretty good today....no wild, unexpected, stray horsey thoughts acted out on the trail.  The only thing we dealt with was snatching a bite to eat now and then....but "we have ways to deal with that".  We saw turkey hens with their babies, birds flew out of bushes from behind us and the horses just plodded on.  I got a chance to use Endomondo-a new  GPS tracking app that a friend told me about.  I didn't know it but it talks to you as the miles go on.  The horses didn't care that a computerized voice was coming from my pocket....good thing.  We ran into friends out on the trail and the horses didn't think they needed to go with them.  We even met a friend almost all the way home, grazing her horse in the field of poppies.  I'm sure Zoe was wondering why that horse got to eat while she was not allowed to eat.  While I was riding just at the barn the last 2 weeks, I decided to ride bareback only.  It was a good experience.  Today was the first day I sat in a saddle on a horse in about 2 weeks.  It felt good but different.  I think today I was more aware of how I use my seat while riding.  Endomondo: time 1:17, 3.7 mi, 2.87 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment