Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fast out...slow home?

Today I had a short time to ride...had a farrier coming at 12 noon and I got off work @ 9:40.  By the time I got on the trail it was 10:30.  So I had alot of energy going out on the trail.  We trotted alot and loped more than usual.  It wasn't a very long ride.  I turned to go towards home and Zoe was still in the "hurry mode".  I asked for a trot up a hill and got a lope instead.....so turn around and go back down the hill and try it again.  She did it fine.  But she was still pretty fast walking home.  So at the end of one of our downhills we turned around and trotted back up it.  Walking down was a bit calmer, she still had a good walk on her.  I didn't mind the walk as long as the "emotion" of hurry to get home wasn't in charge.  If my gps would have been working properly I would have liked to know the milage and speed....but I forgot to update my roaming capabilities so it didn't work right.  I know I was overall moving faster than my last ride which was 3.98mph...and I was sure I went further than the 2.14 miles that it told me today.  But that was only a minor bump in the day.  What I want to remember about today's ride was the speed going out...make it fast and then asking Zoe to calm down towards home.  I want to do it again and see if she can do better over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment