Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another weekend ride

Today I was determined to get to a place I just learned was called "Dottie's Hill"  It was pretty easy to get to.  I usually go down this hill, I've never gone up it until today.  It was fun.  I don't know why I hadn't done this before.  Will be doing it again.  We met 3 hikers that were confused, they wanted to go to Auburn.  We pointed them in the direction of the Pioneer Express Trail...long walk.  I updated my roaming on my phone so the gps worked better.  A friend had told me that the trotting trail and the road next to it were impassable...we tried the road next to the trotting trail.  Yup, currently impassable, but when the mud dries I think we will be able to pick our way thru the trees on the trail.  We found our way to the trails towards the right and hoped that it wasn't too boggy down the final hill to the big road.  It wasn't boggy, the dirt was soft but you can walk on it just fine.  Another few weeks it will be rock hard.  4.99 mi, avg 3.16mph
Last weekend we (Jim, Dottie and Me) went to Inspiration Point and made it just fine.  Just this last Thursday Dottie and Cheryl tried it again but found a tree down where you turn to the left and go thru the marshy part...apparently difficult to get thru but can be done...might get scratched up some...Dottie and Cheryl can attest to that.  So next week we are going there with our tree saws and making it a better place.  Dottie says my tree saw will do it...hope so because I can't haul a chain saw in there.  The only thing that might stop me is I have my brother coming to visit on Wed-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment