Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sad to mad

Yesterday we had to put one of our dogs down.  I always thought this dog, Noodles (yes Noodles can be a dog's name), would outlast her sister, Sophie.  But no.  Anyway I was in a sad "funk" for most of yesterday and today until....I went to the barn and saw my horse.  Now that sounds nice and warm and fuzzy.  But no.  Zoe, being lunged on a lunge line in the arena decided to pull away and run off.  She had attitude before she ran off.  She decided that eating leaves and running around without that lunge line constraint was a "good idea".   Well, she made me mad.  I had more than just my "mad face" on.  Since she decided that running was such a good idea, we practiced it in the round pen.  Afterwards I had one contrite, sweaty horse.  We tried lunging with the lunge line again in the arena...and she was an angel.  I could even take her off of the line and she would follow me everywhere, at any speed, even backwards and sideways.  So I got to feel something besides sad...mad.  And the whole experience kind of snapped me out of my "funk".  So even the outside of a "horse acting badly" can be good for the inside of a wo(man).

No comments:

Post a Comment