Thursday, December 1, 2011

Windy rides

November ended with wind and December started with wind.
Yesterday's ride was down to the canal trail by myself.  I started before the wind came up so most of the time it wasn't too windy.  Zoe did good with the "scary" rocks.  She got to lope some, but not enough for me to figure out her attitude.  We will be working on that one.  She minded me pretty well.  We started out in the cow pasture and headed towards Sterling Pt.  When we got to the rock dam it was getting windy so we opted to cut off towards the Pioneer Express Trail and took the Lake Forest Trail back to home.  Saw a buck on the way back.  By the time we got to Lomida it was pretty windy.  I got off to walk the roads back home and I noticed Dune and Friday (with riders) going out on the trail.  I hope they had a good time.  Zoe wasn't spooky about the wind.  She was very aware of things, but didn't get spooky.  Good ride.
Kerrie's rock---even more exposed 

Buck we saw on our way home 


Today's ride was different in that it started out windy and it got even more windy as the ride progressed.  We (Sky, Zoe and riders) decided to stay in the forest, maybe the trees would shelter us from some of the wind...and it did.  We even made it up to the ridge to see down town Sacramento and the coastal range.  It was a very clear day with all the wind blowing away the smog.  A great view and it wasn't too windy so we decided to try the overlook to the cow pastures (or meadows).  I've been trying to get pictures of some fall color in this place.  Today's picture was a little better, but the wind has been blowing all the leaves off the trees so I'm not sure it will get any better than this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment