Sunday, December 18, 2011

Update on switching rein hands, scary fence building on Lomida

It is getting easier to ride with my reins in my right hand.  It felt very awkward at first.  I've only been at it for a week.  Still not second nature yet.  Yet Jim said my seat was better today, I stayed centered.  I'm trying to use both hands or if I use one - to mostly use my right hand to hold the reins.

Today Skippy was in front on the way to Inspiration Pt. starting at the green gate on Lomida.   Zoe was fine with being the last horse.  She could keep up with Skippy, altho Skippy was not going her fastest.   It was a hazy day, I was surprised that the water could be seen in these pictures.  I was afraid that the sky and the water would blend together.



We did come across something interesting.  The first house on Lomida on the left is putting up a fence.  They have cones, boards, yellow caution tape, and posts in the ground.  Zoe was in the lead and gave it "the ear" as we went past.  She also slowed down "should I be worried?" she said.  On the way back she was in the lead and she did a bit better-still gave it "the ear".

No comments:

Post a Comment