Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm tired of thinking of titles


It was a longer day at work today and I was running late for a horseback ride with some friends.  I finally made it.  The ride made the events of the morning melt away.  It was good to go riding with friends.

Going up Dottie's Hill was a bit exciting at first.  Friday first, Zoe next, and Sky last.  When we picked up a trot Sky though it was time to charge up the hill.  His rider quickly squelched that idea but not before Zoe thought "Run! Can we really run up the hill...okay".  No not okay-you have to slow down now.  Friday said "what's going on back there, should I get excited?"  He was the calmest of the bunch.  So we walked up the hill.  Sky and Zoe had to be checked back frequently, and told to "walk" many times.  At the top we stopped to talk, take pictures, then went down the same hill we just came up.  Time to try it again with some trotting and better mannners.  We only went 1/2 way down, put sensible Friday in front and tried it again.  Much better.  If we had more time I would have liked to go all the way back down to the beginning and trot it again.   We will work on that one some more.

               View at the top of Dottie's Hill


All in all it was a good ride.  We all got to lead, went many places, tried different speeds, even named a landmark after Kristy.   I'll have to take a picture of it next time.  Kristy's igloo rock.  It really looks like an igloo.
On the way back I decided to pick up the bag of leaves the gardeners had left at the side of the trail.  It had been sitting there for almost 2 months now and they haven't picked it up yet.  So I emptied the leaves and took it back home.  Nice training tool.  I handwalked the road with the bag in my hands.  Sometimes I waved it around, sometimes it dragged on the ground.  Zoe didn't seem to care.  Back at the barn she got to wear it-of course.  She probably was sighing "why?"  The barn manager just laughed at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment