Thursday, October 27, 2011

Canal trail again/spooky things on Lomida and @ home


Canal trail again today.  I love that trail.

Kerrie's rock 


Weird erosion formation.  It almost looks like a pipe sticking up out of the ground with a man hole cover over the top of it.  


Dottie and Sky by the rock dam-I've always liked that rock dam 


The scariest thing on our ride-a gardeners burlap full of leaves, on the Lomida trail on the way home.  We couldn't pass it without snorting and going out into the road.  Before we got to this point I noticed that a UPS truck and an Alhambra water truck went up the road past us.  So I knew they were going to come back down and pass us again.  And I didn't want to try to pass the burlap with traffic, esp big truck traffic, while my horse was dancing and snorting in the road.  So we decided to get off our horses and introduce the burlap with horses in hand (listening to that small voice that says to change something here)  Zoe got up to it, sniffed it and said "oh, it's a bunch of leaves-can I eat some?"  We stepped on the burlap, kicked it around, walked past it several times.  Then got back on and rode past it with no problems.  I think I will bring one of my husbands burlaps to the barn to play with it.  

When we got home - since no one was in the arena - I decided to drag the metal trash around.  For the most part Zoe did good.  She spooked a little when we pulled it alot as we were backing.  I had to let go.  But we did the same thing in smaller increments and eventually were able to back up with it.  A friend helped me out by rolling the can around me - all the way around me.  Zoe took a step away at first, but then stood still for the whole thing.  Her ears were focused on the can....so I can tell she was keeping an eye on it-just in case.  So I think we will be doing this activity again.  Poor Zoe, got a mom that likes to work on the scary things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment