Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Winterizing

Well it's that time of the year....getting ready for winter.  I've been working on Skippy and Zoe's place.  Last month I made sure the drainage ditches were clear leading away from my pasture.  Then it rained a few times and I got to "tweek" my ditches.  Last month I put more dirt/gravel mix on my horses pad under their shelter.  I fixed the boards that hold the dirt/gravel in place.  And I patched a few holes in the ground that tend to become puddles that get bigger as  the winter months go on and on and on....  Today I painted the boards in my fences with some "no chew". It seems to keep them from chewing on my boards.  You see I really don't own horses....I have beavers disguised as horses.  During the winter months, especially when it is storming, they tend to chew on my boards....fence boards, manger boards, posts, boards to hold the dirt in place.  I think they tend to get scared and that is one of the ways they relieve their stress.....because it usually happens when it is storming-rainy, windy, thundering, etc.  Anyway I thought I was done, but alas....I forgot to do my other horse-Sky's place.  All I need to do is paint the "no chew" on the boards that keep the sideways rain out of his spot.  You see, not only does he chew when it storms, but the other horses in the pasture tend to "help themselves" when they want to chew on something.  Winterizing, at least we don't live farther north-I'm sure they have much more to do than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment