Thursday, July 7, 2011

Zoe's view

So I get saddled up...walk out the gate, on the trail...and she decides to go to Barking Dog Hill.  Now any horse knows that that trail is used to go towards home and here we are going away from home.  Strange rider lady.  Anyway I go...we go all the way to Long Bar.  She said something about me getting to eat grass there, but it was all foxtails and we just turned around and went home.  Now this is the direction this trail is supposed to be used for.  Except on the trail back, she decides to take the paved road and go by refrigerator pond.  But now there are big rounds of cotton wood logs on one side of the road and rocks on the other side.  I'm scared, not sure which way to spook when she tells me "just look where you are supposed to go".  Now we are on the big dirt road.  Anyone knows that you're supposed to turn right and go home....but do we do that.  NO.  We turn left.  Over by the jumping log I whinny...but she says "there's no one to save you Zoe" and off we go.  I resign myself to the ride.  It goes pretty well.  We take the trail past alligator rock, go to the cut off from bread rock to elephant rock.  Take the trail along the back side of elephant rock...then she does it again.  She says something about finding a new trail to her that will take us to the left-AWAY from home.  She finds it :(.  We take it and end up on another trail - FINALLY get to turn right TOWARDS home.  She says I did pretty good with all the turns...I got a nice water down at home, snack, and green grass.  I guess I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment