Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nice hot 4th of July weekend-ride 1

Nice ride today...done before it got too hot.  3 of us met a friend that just moved her horse.  2 of them weren't sure if they could find bread rock...they did it the day before but it seemed strange to them.  So today they rode in front  and found it.  I love it when people find their way around.  From there I was to show them a different way into Enchanted Valley...which we did.  In the valley, trees have fallen so we had to go around to the right, then were able to go up the hill.  At the top it was nice to see that people have ridden the trail so much that it is pretty well established and easy to stay off the rock Zoe and I slipped on earlier this year.  I was out this way a few days ago and found that a 4-wheeler had found their way to one of my favorite spots and I said this outloud...so we had to ride that way.  It was a nice loop.  The trail is called the "I don't know trail"  because one day last year we were on that trail and the other riders with me wanted to know where it came out.  I knew where it came out but to tell them....it wouldn't have made any sense.  It comes out in a place Jim and I call Deer Valley.  Anyway it  was just easier to say "I don't know" and hence it got the name "I Don't Know".  Anyway the 4-wheelers had found a way to get up there...they haven't destroyed anything yet, but you can see their tire tracks.  From there we went into Deer Valley, then followed the road to the KBB Hills.  They wanted to go futher, so we did a few loops in the KBB Hills.   We headed back home on the road that goes next to the trotting trail--the one that we can't go on anymore :(  Anyway I was on the big road last week and it is passable!  So I wanted to show Jim that we could do it, because about 4 weeks ago we tried but we were unable to use it.
My friend wanted us to ride with her to her new barn so we did.  I wanted to ride Zoe in the lead up Prospector until we got past the green gate.  In the past she really doesn't like going up to the green gate.  She used to stop in her tracks and won't go forward..... so we had to resort to sidepassing up the hill, or backing up the hill....there's no way I'm going to let her get out of it.   Anyway today she just walked up the hill to the gate.  She looked really funny at the rock next to the gate, almost stopped, walked sideways a few steps, but was able to continue forward and make it past the gate.  I was sooooo happy she did this.  It's a big deal for her.   Maybe next time --if she looks funny at the rock---I might let her go up and sniff the rock.  Maybe it will help.
I looked up all my data today on Endomondo and I really like the web site.  It tells me alot about all of my rides.  I just need to remember to use it all the time.  So I will...starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment