Monday, July 4, 2011

Ride 3 of 4th of July weekend

Today I went out with 2 friends...one wanted to go to Inspiration Pt.  Then on the way back we tried some more trail exploring.  Zoe seems to like this.  We went on the one that we did yesterday...small trail to the right.  I think yesterday I posted that I  just needed to stay in the valley and I would not have gotten lost....but now I know better.  You can't stay in the valley...tree down blocking the way we used to go.  I need to go up to the right and around and then head back down to find the trail.  I also tried out the trail Jim and I looked at yesterday...one of those trails you go by and say "I wonder where that goes".  So today I found out...it's hard to describe.  It connects the trail that goes behind Elephant Rock to the trail that was very mucky...guess I need to name the trail that was mucky.  Anyway  I love going on a new trail and having that "wow" moment when you realize where you come out.
I tried the auto pause feature on Endomondo and decided that I don't like it.  It's not the talking that I don't like.....it says it's "pausing" when you are standing still and "resume" when you start going again.  The reason I didn't like it was because it was wrong.  I was traveling down the trail...MOVING...and it said it was pausing.  Then it started up again.  It kept doing that 3 or 4 times.  I said enough...and changed it back to tracking me all the time.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment