Thursday, May 5, 2011

A tick conspiracy

Wednesday's ride was pretty good.  I was thinking of a way to get to the trail to Granite Bay without getting in a super muddy spot...I tried it and it worked.  Zoe did good because it was been a while since she has been on that trail and there was no spooking or temper tantrums.  We only went part way to Granite Bay since I wanted to get back and ride Skippy too.  She wasn't in too much of a hurry to get home either.  On the way home on Lomida the calling only happened our normal # of times-2.  6.84 miles, max 9.57, avg 3.86
Note...I took Skippy out to see where else I could go...since we have sooooo  much mud.  I tried Inspiration Point, but the boggy place was too boggy for us.  I even tried the high ground going around it and we were sinking a bit much.  I guess I will have to wait.
I think there is a conspiracy going on.  I took 2 horses out on the trails.  Yes, Zoe's ride was a bit longer than Skippy's...but Zoe got WAY more ticks than Skippy.  I pulled 18 ticks off of Zoe's legs, 14 on the right side.  I only pulled 2 off of Skippy...one on each side.  HMMMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment