Monday, May 23, 2011

This blog has been interrupted

This blog has been interrupted by......a baby.  I know this is a blog about my horse Zoe and me, but I got a little excited by the new addition to our family.  Meet Ezekiel James...or Zeke as we like to call him.



I'm not quite sure how this will be affecting my riding schedule....but I'm sure it will.  At this particular time we have an outbreak of EHV-1 and it is suggested to keep our horses off the trails and at home for about 2 weeks....so I have self-imposed trail restrictions for a while and that affects the riding too.  Good thing I don't mind arena work.   The last ride I took with Zoe was the ride to Rattlesnake on Thursday (got up at 4:30 that morning to go to work for 4 hours), that evening I went with my then pregnant daughter to a breastfeeding class.  I went to bed that night and maybe slept for an hour....then got a call that my daughters water had broken and we were off to the hospital.  I think we cat napped at the hospital between 3am and 6am but that was about it.  Zeke was born at 6:53pm Friday.  But I don't think I noticed being tired....must have been excited.
So I helped out at my daughters for a week, my friends took care of my horses---THANK YOU ALL.   On 5/21 I finally got back on my horse, Zoe was pretty good.  Obviously we just did arena work, but she was listening very well.  When I went to get her from her pasture, she sure gave me a "sniff over" - kind of like the dogs do when they smell something interesting or different.  I  hadn't bothered to shower before I went to the barn...so I probably smelled like a baby...a new smell for Zoe.  I thought it was funny that she had to check me out.
It will be interesting to see how all the pieces of life will fit together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment