Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riding in the Barn?

So this morning I get up at 4:30 thinking that it won't rain.  I even check the doppler on my phone before leaving the house...clear.  I get to the barn, get Zoe, tack up and......it rains:(  Not just a little but it pours.  Well no use wasting a good tack up so I put up some obstacles in the barn isle and rode Zoe in the barn, using the obstacles in many different ways.  Then I got off and tied up her reins and did some "follow me" work without me touching her reins.  Following me forwards, going backwards when I walked backwards.  Stopping and looking at her head on and asking her to back between objects.  Again stopping her and asking her to sidepass over a bucket and doing it again in the opposite direction.     She was probably wondering "why?"  And just when it was normally time to get off my horse, untack and put her away....it stopped raining.  Of course.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment