Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Foot and Zoe

Little Foot is one of the barn cats...nice and fluffy, and can be a pest sometimes.  Zoe has learned that this cat is nice especially to check out with her nose.  Little Foot will allow Zoe's nose to nestle in her fur.  I think Zoe likes the softness and Little Foot loves any attention.  Sometimes when I'm riding in the arena early in the morning Little Foot follows us out and meows to us to pick her up.  Sometimes I do and sometimes I ignore her.  Zoe doesn't seem to mind taking the cat for a ride, and Little Foot has gotten used to traveling in my arms while on horseback.   Last Saturday morning in the arena I set up some of the barrels about 12 feet from each other...intending to do some figure 8's backwards and forwards.  Little Foot decided to jump up on one of the barrels and meow at us.  As I went by the barrel and headed towards the other barrel, the cat jumped off the first barrel and ran towards the second barrel...the one I was headed for.  He hoped on the barrel and meowed at us again.  I decided to see if he would follow me to the other barrel again, so I turned and went towards it....and yes, the cat followed us.  I did that a few more times and the cat continued to follow us-each time jumping up on the barrel and meowing at us- so......I took pity on it and scooped it up and rode to the other barrel and set it down.  Little Foot  was happy and stopped bothering us and we continued working on our barrels.  Silly cat.  Good Zoe for putting up with the cats antics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment