Saturday, March 19, 2011

Babbling creeks

Last Wednesday's ride wasn't very long....only 1:21 and 4.58 miles, but was interesting because of all the water we have been getting lately.  There was water running just about every corner we went around.  Running water, not pools and puddles.  Yes parts were muddy and you had to be careful about the footing, and there were new places that 4-wheelers had played in the mud, but I could manage to get around everywhere I wanted to go.  But I was amazed at all the babbling creeks, it made for a nice SOUNDING ride.  I have never gone out there and had such a nice time listening to the sound of water.  You could see where the water had created larger creeks in many places, places that I had never seen the water flow before.  Zoe and I were amazed.  She did good on this ride... as the landscape had changed some and she could have been scared about it.  I think both of our curiosity was the bigger factor in this ride.  It was very nice.  Now that we are having alot more rain, I hope we can still enjoy the rides out there.  4.58 miles, max speed 8.95, avg speed 3.79

No comments:

Post a Comment