Friday, March 7, 2014

Lesson and ankle update

My ankle still hurts. I'm totally weight bearing, the bones seem fine but the tendons and ligaments are protesting. And my foot is a rainbow of colors. However, I can still ride my horse. Stubborn I am. It doesn't bother me to ride at all. So with that in mind I went out for a short trail ride on Wednesday. Zoe and I did fine. It was nice to get out on the trail. The past 2 weeks have been rainy or I have been recuperating from my ankle injury, so I have only been riding in the arena.
I had my third dressage lesson on Thursday. We worked on my feet staying still-again.  I must be doing a bit better because we didn't focus on it as much as before.  I have some ideas to help me with that.  My hands must be doing better because we didn't get reminded about them as much.  We cantered again and I really like her at the canter in my lessons.  She reminds me of a rocking horse.  We also worked on leg yields, inside leg to outside rein.  Lots to remember.  I have an extra week to practice this month as my next lesson is at the end of the month.  Hopefully I will make more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment