Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why???

Today my mom took me on a ride.  She said she wanted to go up on the ridge that overlooks the meadows.  She talked to the barn manager for a while, then she forgot her helmet and we had to go back.  Finally on the trail.  We loped up the road the PGE workers flattened out.  She wanted me to lope the whole thing!!!  I tried to ask if we could slow down....maybe bring it down to a trot, but she urged me on.  Then we turned around and walked almost all the way back down....Why?  She said it would be good for me.  So did we go home?.....after all we were going back towards home....but no, we turned left and continued to the other side of the meadows.  Up the hill and on the trails.

Turned left to go up the ridge

But....why do we have to stop to take pictures.  She says it's good for me to stop and stand still for a while.  Sigh.  Ok.  On we go to the top....
 Here we are at the top...she says she wanted to get a picture with some "fall color" in it...whatever that is.  She says there's not much color yet and we will have to come back...sigh, why.

On the way out we have to go past this rock....she calls it a "knee knocker rock"  Doesn't bother my knees...why?

We finally get to move out again, now to the top of the ridge and (sigh) she stops to take another picture. Why?  She says on a clear day you can see a place called down town Sacramento.  I don't see anything like that.   Now we get to go on a nice ride.  We go many places, but she keeps turning away from home....why?  She says it's good for me.  Oh well, off we go.  Now we are on the way home and ... sigh.....another picture stop

I don't see anything here except the tree on the rock.

Now I know we are on our way home and she stops again...why?  A birds nest in a bush...really.


Then we have to stop 2 more times for pictures....why?  She says at least she got a few pictures with fall color in them.  Oh well at least home isn't far away.  Home.....rest, grass, my bucket, a good roll......

But no.....why?  There is a big noisy thing in the barn yard and she insisted that I stop to look at it.   I was a little concerned at first, but quickly got used to it.  But she didn't want me to get too close.  She said something about staying off the concrete.....why?  Oh well, soon.....freedom and a good roll.  But.....no

She says we didn't go on a very long ride and can do a few more things....why?  So she pops these things around me....says I need to get used to the noise-something she is working on.  The noise really doesn't bother me anymore.  So she decides to wrap me up in the things that make noise.  Sigh.....why?  

FINALLY  grass yum yum yummmmmm....excuse me I'm busy eating.  



No comments:

Post a Comment