Saturday, May 10, 2014

Zoe's got another rider

Zeke is now big enough to ride a horse by himself. He can keep his balance and follow directions. So I asked him if he wanted to ride a horse and he said yes. We kept it short the first time and we forgot his helmet. The second time was a little bit longer and we remembered the helmet. He didn't mind having the helmet on his head. Each time he wants to stay on longer. He also gets so excited that he will talk to anyone out at the barn about riding his horse. He just rambles on and on. Usually he is on the quiet side but he's so excited that all the words just bubble out. So now he calls Zoe is his horse and the old saddle that I use he says is his saddle. I wonder what Zoe thinks of all of this. She probably likes it since it doesn't involve work.


 

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is fascinating to me. I am an animal lover but have no contact with horses. I love the way Zeke is being brought up to respect animals and treat them humanely. And he is benefiting from the comfort and companionship that a nonjudgmental creature brings to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can all learn from nonjudgmental creatures such as horses...I know I have.

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures of Zeke and Zoe- what a great way to start my day! :) It's always so much fun when a kid finds something they are really excited about. It must have been wonderful to introduce him to one of your favorite things! :)

    #GrandSocial

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something that's a lot of fun about a horse ride and a little one. I have a 2 year old granddaughter who already loves straddling one. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to introduce grandkids to horses!

      Delete
  4. BB had horses when younger, a Shetland pony to be exact. Hope Zeke continues his love of horses into adulthood; they really are very special. jehe Si, horses & Grandchildren. ; ) BB2U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are special. Have fun with the grands

      Delete